Check.October 8, 2008
Sabres Management Off-Season Checklist.
- Evaluate roster and allow no longer needed players to depart. Check.
- Make big trade that shocks the heck out of fan base (and the players involved in the deal). Check.
- Open up checkbook to sign potential free agents to new contracts. Check.
- Make note to buy bug spray to fend off moth infestation that happened after checkbook opening. Check.
- Introduce new third jersey to great fan reception. Check.
- Make final roster moves. Check.
- Name a new captain. Check.
- Enjoy fanbase reaction to captain announcement. Check.
- Enjoy last couple of days before season starts. Currently ongoing.