Letters to St. NickDecember 23, 2008
We here at Shots Off the Crossbar recently came into possession of some letters to St. Nick written by some of Buffalo’s best athletes. So what do these guys want from Santa? Let’s take a look…
- Jaroslav Spacek: pigeons. Lots and lots of pigeons.
- Goose: a wish for wings that work.
- Trent Edwards: that Jason Peters figures out how to stop the speed rush more often than once every three times it happens. Trent is getting tired of being chased from the pocket and driven into the turf.
- Andrew Peters: that Augie the dog would at least eat the cheap shoes and not the expensive ones.
- Drew Stafford: a record deal for Invisible Children. Some good fake mustache glue and a new mullet wig.
- Timmy: he really would like if that special healing power he saw Peter, Claire and Sylar use on Heroes was real and not the figment of a TV writer’s imagination.
- Jason Peters: a new, fat contract. Negotiated and signed before the old man in charge kicks the bucket.
Ryan Miller: skinny jeans, skinny T’s and a new toque. And a wish for another successful Catwalk for Charity.
Lindy Ruff: that his guys would understand the concept of putting together a solid 60 minute effort every night.
Jason Pominville: that The System would finally reveal her true feelings for him. Pommers has been nothing but devoted to The System and has received nothing in return.
And lest we forget…
The Buffalo Fans: that most of us get to see a football or hockey championship in our lifetime.
The Buffalo Bloggers: continous inspiration for posts, good traffic stats and lively comment threads.
I hope you all have a nice, safe, happy and joyful holiday season!