Sabres v. Isles – 2.28.09February 28, 2009
- I really, really, really hate the singing fish in the commercial for McDonald’s Filet of Fish sandwich. It’s simultaneously scaring me and annoying me. Maybe it wouldn’t bother me so much if it wasn’t on during every other commercial break.
- The on-ice game has been almost overshadowed by the off-ice intrigue regarding Bill Guerin. He took warmups and then was listed as a healthy scratch. Kevin Sylvester saw him leaving the arena, but no word on where he was headed. Stay tuned for the exciting conclusion of Where in the NHL is Bill Guerin Headed?
- Can someone tell me what Gaustad said or did to warrant the misconduct penalty? From my vantage point on the couch, he was no more physical or mouthy than any of the other players on the ice at the time.
- It’s cliche, but you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. The Sabres should remember that and shoot the puck more instead of looking for the perfect pass every single time.
- I do like the spunky attitude displayed by the Sabres tonight. They’ve especially been sticking up for Lalime. I wonder if Sully’s column last week hit a little too close to home for some of them?
- A two goal loss against the Islanders. I have no words.