On this cold and snowy day, read Pierre LeBrun’s article about Tyler Myers and pick up some warm fuzzies about the kid.
- He lives by himself in downtown Buffalo rather than crashing with a teammate or team owner because he wants down time to be by himself.
- His parents raised him to cook, clean and do laundry.
- The protein bar “recipe” is shared.
- His teammates have nicknamed him The Big Easy. Please tell me I’m not the only one that got multiple meanings out of a seemingly innocent nickname. Heh.
- His grandparents drive up for a good chunk of his games and helped him set up a Christmas tree in his apartment. (Unlike Mr. Staffy who will not be having a tree this year, as he is celebrating Festivus. Please Staffy, let me know when the airing of grievances is. I’d love to know what yours are.)
Seriously though, Myers sounds like he has a good head on his shoulders and when he grows up a bit, I can see him with a letter on his sweater.
And continuing with the warm and fuzzy, check out the video of the Portland WinterHawks Teddy Bear Toss. One goal and 16,000+ bears later…