It…Just…Team…Sucked.March 13, 2008
- Where to begin? Last night’s game just sucked. The goalies sucked. The forwards sucked. The defense sucked. About the only thing that didn’t suck was…..yea, I got nothing there.
– I really didn’t mean to jinx Paetsch in my last post by questioning whether he should’ve played last night. Laraque’s elbow to Paetsch’s head was a complete cheap shot, and I really hope he gets seated for it. Miller was the first teammate to Paetsch’s side, motioning for the trainer, and what was scary about the whole scene was that you could see that Patches was clearly out cold. I also thought that it was nice that Miller was hovering like a mother hen while the training and medical staffs were working on Patches. When he finally got to his feet and was taken off the ice, you really could see that he wasn’t all there, that he was a few french fries short of a happy meal. I really do hope he’s alright. A concussion on top of a neck injury can’t be good for anyone.
So now that Patches is out for awhile, let’s review the Sabres current active defensive players: we have one guy who had a starring role in Law & Order SVU Sweden, a Finnish metal head, a November UFA pickup, two AHL callups and maybe a Pommerdoodle. Do I start drinking heavily now or wait until game time on Friday?
– I did like the little bit of fight that I saw out of the Sabres in the third. Goose and Bernier were a little scrappy. However, I do hope that when Goose is teaching the children to read, he leaves his hockey vocabulary at home. I caught about five f-bombs during one scrap.
– During his postgame presser, Lindy threw the entire Roy line under the bus, saying that they didn’t perform. I do have to agree with him. About the only player I noticed from that line during the game was Stafford, and that’s only because he was whiffing on more shots or making a turnover. And not to harp on Stafford, but did his all-but-guaranteed roster spot at the beginning of the season make him more complacent? He hasn’t been all there for awhile lately. What gives?
– I agree with Roby and Ray that Miller should’ve been pulled from the game at the start of the third period. Lindy’s made no secret of the fact that he’s going to ride him like Secretariat for the rest of the season, so why not give the guy a rest in a game that you knew you were going to lose anyways. So what if the human five hole (TM someone that I can’t remember right now) gets to play? The game was already lost at that point. Give Crunchy a break. He needs one, damn it.