Mish-Mash.March 23, 2008
Buffalo.com is a great source for the random Sabres photography. Last night was the Sabres Foundation’s “Aces & Blades” fundraiser. There were some photos posted to the site chronicling the events.
After looking at the photos, the following thoughts come to mind:
- Why is Crunchy dressed like my 60-year-old high school English teacher?
- Whose bright idea was it to put Sabretooth in a suit? Where does one even find mascot sized clothing?
- Good call to have Goose and Staffy go tieless and roll up the shirt sleeves. Its one of my favorite looks on a guy.
- I love the picture of Goose on page 2. The expression on his face is priceless.
- On Timmy with the beer in his hand: my cousin works at the Buffalo airport as a TSA screener. He checked Timmy through the line this morning, and reported that Timmy was a little green around the gills. My aunt made the comment that maybe Timmy was just scared about the surgery. Cousin reported that this was not fear green, this was hungover green.
– Paetsch has been cleared to play Tuesday against Ottawa. To make room, Funk has been sent down to Rochester. Good to see Patches back in the lineup, even if it is only for the remainder of the regular season. (Too much needs to happen at this point for these guys to make the playoffs.)
– Look what I have:
My Sabres Green Team window cling came in the mail on Saturday. Since the background of the cling was an opaque white and not at all see through, I trimmed out the “Green Team Member” portion and the white background and am now left with the green slug. My neighbors probably wondered what I was doing, since I was contorted into the hatch of my car while trying to apply the cling to the rear window. At least I have something Sabres related on my car now.