La De Frickin DaApril 30, 2008
- I probably found this way funnier than I should have:
– I’m supremely disappointed that I missed two Crunchy interviews during last night’s Pens game. Not only because I wanted to hear what he had to say, but also because I have been told that he looked quite foxy. And not just foxy for Crunchy, but foxy for a regular guy. Not fair. Stupid American Idol.
– Speaking of American Idol, I adore David Cook. I’m not ashamed to admit that I downloaded his take of “Music of the Night.” It is a beautiful rendition, and he pulls off the high note beautifully. David Archuleta, on the other hand, should be ashamed of his rendition of “Sweet Caroline.” 18,000 drunk people sing that song better than he did.
– Crunchy (who still hasn’t updated his damn blog) was named to the Goalie Equipment Working Group, which will evaluate goalie equipment standards and make reccommendations to the league. Calling it a working group just makes me think of a dog show, and we can all agree that Pretty Ricky, Marty and Crunchy are not dogs. I hope Marty’s ready to have two young whippersnappers kissing his ass during these meetings. I can see both Crunchy and Pretty Ricky asking for advice, and Marty responding along the lines of “You, Ricky, stop being so attractive. And you, Miller, eat a cookie. Have some Sprite. Bulk up. You don’t see Marty getting fatigued after playing 70 games. Try Marty’s training regimen and you’ll see immediate results.”
– Reported in the Buffalo News this morning is that Pat Kane is Jason Pominville’s roomie on Team USA. The Doodle gets to have the little brother he never had.
– Last night’s hockey could have been called “Do or Die Tuesday,” as three teams had the possibility to go up 3-0 in their series. I watched the Pens game until the Pens started losing, and was strongly advised to turn the game off, since last time that happened, the Pens came back to win. And they did it again. Maybe I shouldn’t watch the next game? I’m also glad for the Stars. They’re a scrappy little group, and them winning means Brian Campbell loses. Its all good.
Note to Soupy: $6 million dollar men do not knock out their own teammate. Its bad etiquette. You’re supposed to knock out the guys in the other team’s sweater. You know, the opposite color of yours.