Dude. That Was FunJanuary 16, 2009
– Last night’s game was a blast to watch. Sure, the first period and a half was a complete downer, as the Sabres were facing a 3-1 deficit. But then, something changed in the third period. It’s like the guys realized that they still had a chance to win the game, that rolling over and dying wasn’t the best option in this case.
– I liked that we got to see the slow fire light under Goose last night. Between the scraps with the Dallas players in front of the net (at one point he ended up down on the ice with his head pretty much on Turco’s tushie), to the fight with Sutherby, to the two goals, it’s like Goose was laying it all out on the line. It was nice to see his teammates step up and match his effort for once.
– It was good to see Miller once again step up and be clutch in the shootout. Watching the postgame interview on the Sabres site, he seemed almost sheepish that the shootout went so many rounds. Trust me Ryan, it’s not always on you in the shootout. Three of your teammates also have roles to play.
– I was exhausted during overtime and the shootout, and was pretty much ready for the shootout to be over after three rounds. When it went to Round 4, I even promised at the TV that I wouldn’t make fun of Timmy for a week if he made the shot. Since he missed, it’s still open season on Timmy around here.
– After catching some brief player interviews on tonight’s news, I want to know what in sam hill Derek Roy was thinking when he was getting dressed this morning. He was wearing a black knitted cap, a cream colored chunky knit fisherman turtleneck sweater (eesh, could I have used anymore adjectives to describe that sweater?) and a black jackey with a fleecy/furry collar. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a guy wear a fleecy/furry collar coat before. All three pieces together were completely overwhelming.