Coldfallo v. Philly – 11.27.09November 27, 2009
Brief thoughts after the carnage in Philly today.
– The Sabres played a very physical game today. They matched Philly hit for hit and snarl for snarl.
– At the end of the second period, I was amused by how Miller just stood calmly in his crease and looked on while all blessed hell was breaking out in the corner to his left. With how ornery both sides were today, I was half expecting Miller and Emery to get into it at some point. We know Emery has dropped the gloves before, and I’m genuinely curious about how Miller would do in a fight. We’ve seen his temper flare before, but never escalate to an all out physical fight.
– Nice job by Rivet in engaging in not one, but two fights with that little bastidge Carcillo. It was hysterical how Carcillo was sent to the dressing room to serve out his misconduct penalty because he just would not shut the eff up. I lost track of how many times the refs and his teammates came over and told him to STFU.
– Kaleta’s hit was ugly and will probably get him a suspension, mainly because he has a reputation of being an agitator and a shit-stirrer. Meanwhile, so-called league “superstars” get away scott free for similar-type hits. Reputation or status shouldn’t be a consideration for determining the length or qualifications for a suspension. We’ll have to see how long Colin Campbell drops the hammer for.
– Continuing with the ugly theme, Rivet’s crash into the boards certainly was ugly. Here’s to hoping nothing was seriosuly broken, sprained, injured or wrecked.
– Ugly: Part 3 – way to stay klassy, Philly Phans, booing Rivet as he left the ice. I know you’ve booed Santa in the past, so I should expect nothing less, but seriously. No stick taps for you on that one.
– Who woke up Timmy this game? Did the boys all chip in and get him a present? Was Daddy Timmy along for the ride and offering encouragement? As RJ and Harry both said, when Timmy shoots the puck, good things happen. Goose’s tip-in of Timmy’s shot was also a thing of beauty.
– While I was off picking up my mother from work, I was listening to the postgame show and Paul Hamilton interviewed Timmy. He said that he and Miller discussed Timmy’s accidental tip of the Flyers shot that got past Miller. They both agreed there was nothing that either one of them could have done on that one. I’d like to know at just how loud of a volume this agreement took place at. Heh.
– The Sabres dads were absolutely adorable. You could tell that their sons were a little apprehensive about them being on camera and accidentally revealing something embarassing. There were also a few sons who didn’t fall far from the family tree, if you know what I mean. The resemblance between Myers and his dad and even Pommers and his dad was uncanny. Now will the Sabres take their mommies along on a road trip? That could be priceless and show that the Sabres are equal opportunity experience sharers.
– Can we just order a bionic lower body for Goose? The Sabres are going to miss his kickass faceoff skills if he’s going to be out for awhile.
– In case anyone is wondering, the Sabres store has Myers t-shirts. I am now the proud owner of one. And that’s my story.