Randomness from tonight’s game
– Who lit a fire under Roy-Z’s ass these past couple of games? And will the guilty pyromaniac please go light a fire under the defense, offense and goaltender? As CJ Cregg once said, set fire to the room. Do it now.
– One thousandth of a second? Are you effing kidding me? The Canes score to tie the game with one-thousandth of a second left in the period? Is that a sign for how the rest of the night is going to go?
– This interview with the four European Sabres Olympians is kind of adorable. Hank and Toni are dressed like twins with the Sabres hoodies and shorts ensembles. I’d like to sit down and have a conversation with those four. They were all so happy and smiley.
– Continuing with the Olympian theme, this video of the Miller family from the Lansing State Journal is ridiculously precious. I know I have some bad childhood photos in my closet (I think it’s a prerequisite to be considered a child of the 80s), so I’m sure Ryan is oh so thankful that his family popped open the photo albums for this video. And Miller’s little cousins are adorable. However, Ryan’s bobblehead is effing creepy.
– I know this might be sacrilegious for a Buffalo fan to say, but that stuffed Stormy the Ice Hog on the commercial lead in to the third period is a little bit cuter and more realistic looking than the stuffed Sabretooth dolls that the Sabres sell.
– Myers has hit everything but the net tonight. C’mon kiddo, you can do it!
– Montador…you’re fired. That is all.