Defining MomentsJune 14, 2010
Greg Wyshynski from Puck Daddy asked on Twitter this afternoon what (if any) moments fans would put into their mental scrapbooks that chronicle this past season. There’s a couple Sabres moments that stick out for me…
– Ryan Miller looking like someone drove over his puppy after the gold medal game against Canada. Dude was ready to cry, but sucked it up and wore his silver medal with pride.
– Another Miller moment: after the Boston series ended, Miller standing at the Sabres blue line, hands on hips, with a beeyotch, please look on his face, waiting for his teammates to stop carrying on and just shake hands with the Bruins already.
– The photos and tales that came out of the Sabres encounter with the furry convention in San Jose. You could completely tell that the players had no clue what was going on, but just rolled with it anyway.
– Tyler Myers playing over 28 minutes in ice time despite being one of several players worshipping the porcelain god on a road trip to Ottawa.
– Myers scoring in the shootout against Tampa on my birthday.
– The wonder that was Drew Stafford on Twitter. Come back Drew, come back! Then again, I’d rather you show up on the ice than in the Twitterverse.
– Vanek’s horrible injury luck. Did anyone have an idea that his injuries were THAT bad? It’s only a flesh wound my arse.
So in April I spied Gaustad and Miller wearing the same shoes during locker cleanout. It looks like we have another member of this shoe club: Brian Campbell. Check out photo #11 of the Blackhawks parade gallery. Coincidence or random shoe shopping trip at some point? You make the call.