– I saw a cow being born today! For a city girl like me, seeing something like that at the county fair is a completely amazing thing. And they really are not lying with those little signs above the mama cow pens that say that the cow may give birth at the fair, LOL.
– Do you think the Cup handler assigned to supervise Lord Stanley and Patrick Kane yesterday was in need of a medicinal cocktail by the end of the day? Stanley was in some pretty precarious positions yesterday from Cave of the Winds to the steel girders behind Buffalo General to getting stuck in a fire truck.
– Zach Parise was in Buffalo on Thursday for a signing at Great Skate. I’ve heard through the grapevine that Roy-Z was in town this week as well. Please tell me that the hockey gods went all Freaky Friday on us and swapped these two number nines. It would be a win-win situation for all!
– Jersey Shore is back! The sequence of the boys playing with a “chicken cutlet” that had floated loose in the hot tub was one of the most genuinely hilarious things I’ve seen on TV in a long time. I’m still shocked that they didn’t know what exactly they were dealing with, especially since they’re supposed to be such notorious ladies men.
– Judging by the release announcing Puck Drop, it sounds like the Sabres are mimicking the format of Puck Drop from a couple of years ago, rather than the “hey, watching paint dry is more entertaining than this” format of last year. Good move. Yes, I realize the jersey reveal has a lot to do with it, but if you’re going to promote something as an event, it has to be something that people want to attend.
If you’ve visited Sabres TV recently, then you’ve noticed that there is a new look & feel to this portion of the site. If this is going to be the template for a redo of sabres.com, then I like where they are headed.